The mod loader for Stardew Valley. It works fine with GOG and Steam achievements, it's compatible with Linux/Mac/Windows, you can uninstall it anytime, and there's a friendly community if you need help. It's a cool pufferchick.
What's new in SMAPI 2.6?
SMAPI 2.6 is a big update, with nearly 400 commits over two months. Some mods aren't updated for Stardew Valley 1.3 yet; see the mod compatibility list for the latest updates and fixes. (For mod authors: see the mod author's migration guide.)
There are too many changes to list here, but here are some highlights for players:
- updated for Stardew Valley 1.3;
- added automatic save backups;
- significantly improved SMAPI's update checks (including support for optional and unofficial updates);
- fixed default color scheme on Mac;
- fixed many bugs (including
SEHExceptionerrors for some players);
- updated compatibility list.
And some highlights for modders:
- added an input API for reading and suppressing keyboard/controller/mouse input;
- added support for custom seasonal map tilesheets;
- added support for intercepting assets loaded by temporary content managers;
- added prototype SMAPI 3.0 events;
- added a prototype mod handler toolkit for external tools;
- added code analysis to flag common issues as build warnings;
- added support for reloading NPC schedules through the content API;
- reimplemented content API and input suppression to work more consistently in many edge cases;
- many changes to support multiplayer.
Requires Stardew Valley 1.3.27 or later on Linux/Mac/Windows.
Donate to support SMAPI ♥
SMAPI is an open-source project by Pathoschild. It will always be free, but donations are much appreciated to help pay for development, server hosting, domain fees, coffee, etc.
Special thanks to acerbicon, ChefRude, cheesysteak, hawkfalcon, jwdred, KNakamura, Kono Tyran, Pucklynn, Robby LaFarge, and a few anonymous users for their ongoing support; you're awesome! 🏅